The default search engine of the Microsoft edge is “Bing”. But usually, most of us don’t use Bing so much. We are addicted to using the google search engine.
But, here is good news that you can change the default search engine to Google. In this article, we will show you how to change the default search engine to Google in Microsoft edge browser.
Recently, Microsoft updated the edge browser, which included various types of features and changes. In this update, it also changed a setting to change the default search engine to google.
Although the new interface was designed to ease navigation and make settings easier to understand. To change the search engine provides you have to go settings page. So, now it’s easier to change!
How to Change Default Search Engine to Google in Microsoft Edge Browser:
Hence, if you want to change your default search engine to Google you just need to do some simple steps given below.
- Open your Microsoft edge browser.
- Then go to “Google.com” or other search engine website that you like.
- Now click setting than click more button located in the top right corner.
- Click the settings option.
- Click on advanced.
- Under the “Address bar search” section, click Change search provider button
- From the list select Google and click set as default button.
If you have completed the above steps, now whenever you will search something on the address bar, the edge will show the result on Google instead of bing. you can uninstall the google search anytime by selecting the bing,
Although it’s possible to set any search engine you prefer (as long as the provider uses OpenSearch web standard technology), Microsoft Edge seems to be one of the most difficult to configure.