If you are browsing on the internet, then the bookmark feature of Chrome can be a great solution to save your time. You can save your most used website in the browser bookmark tab. Though the bookmark tab, you can browse your favorite pages quickly. In this tutorial we show how to hide, display or remove bookmarks bar in google chrome new tab.
But, it has a problem! Suppose, you visited a personal website and bookmarked it for future purpose. So, now all the time it will hang in front of everyone! Without a doubt, it’s not a good thing!
So, disabling the bookmarks tab can be a solution to you! Here is given below, how you can do it.
How to Hide Bookmarks Bar in Google Chrome New Tab:
First of all, there are various types of tricks to disable, you can do one of them.
Decision 1: Disable Bookmark Bar
From the new update of Chrome (above version 69), we can disable the bookmark bar! It also changed a lot of features! So you should update it now if you are using the older version of chrome.
Hence, Follow the Steps:
- Open Chrome and click on the 3 dot menu icon at the top right corner.
- At the bottom click “settings” option.
- Now click on the 3 horizontal lines at the top left corner of the screen that is the main menu option. Then the settings option will appear.
- From the options click “appearance”
- Then you’ll find a switch named “show bookmark option”. Now turn off this switch. The switch will turn to white and make the bar disappear.
In this way, you can disable the bookmark bar. Hence, if you don’t like this way or having some problems doing this, then here are some other techniques to disable the bar.
Decision 2: Remove Bookmark Bar Using Bookmark Menu Option:
This is the easiest way to hide the bookmark bar. To do this follow the below steps:
- Open Chrome and click on the 3 dot menu option at the top right corner.
- Now, hover the cursor over “Bookmark”. Then some other options will be appearing in the left.
- Now, uncheck the option “show bookmark bar”.
And now, the bar has gone!
Hence, the Chrome Bookmarks bar is a great shortcut to access your favorite pages. But If you have stuck with the bookmark bar, then follow one of the options to disable this. You should keep your browser adware and malware free to browse faster. Have fun!