Onedrive is a service of Microsoft that can provide you the cloud-based storage service. It is a built-in feature on the windows 10. And Microsoft highly integrated onedrive into windows 10. You can access the onedrive app from the left navigation panel if you launch the file explorer. Let’s know How to Uninstall And Reinstall Onedrive in Windows 10?
Everyone’s choice is not the same thing. Some may not like the onedrive app. Some people may want similar cloud storage services like Google Drive, Dropbox, Apple iCloud Drive, etc.
But from the decades, Microsoft’s onedrive app has made a pretty solid place in the cloud storage service. The features of onedrive are just unbeatable. It has immense features and mind-blowing an attractive look. So, onedrive can be a perfect cloud storage service for you.
But, because of some features and service, your app may crash some while. And various types of problems you may face like application error, closing the app during use and many more things.
So, if you want to solve these problems then uninstalling and installing the app may be a perfect solution for you. But unfortunately, Microsoft didn’t make an option in the user interface to uninstall the onedrive app in the Windows 10.
How to Uninstall And Reinstall Onedrive in Windows 10
So in this article, we will show you how to uninstall and install the OneDrive app on Windows 10 with a command prompt. So, without any wasting time let’s get started.
Step 1: Uninstall the OneDrive app:
To uninstall the onedrive app using command prompt follow the given rules.
- Click the start button and type command prompt then right click and press run as administrator. Or you can also open by continuously pressing the Windows + X button.
- Now you have to terminate the process of OneDrive. To do that type the following text into the command prompt and hit enter: taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe
- If you are using windows 10 64 bit then enter the following command to uninstall the onedrive: %systemroot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall
If you’re running the 32-bit version of Windows 10, type this command instead:
Step 2: Installing the OneDrive app
Now if you want to install the onedrive app then you have to use the command prompt. To do that follow the given steps.
- Click the start button and type command prompt then right click and press Run as Administrator. Or you can also open by continuously pressing the Windows + X button.
- To install the OneDrive in Windows 10 64-bit, issue the following commands on command prompt:
But if you are running the 32-bit version of Windows 10, type this command instead:
3. Once the installation gets complete, restart your computer to effect the changes.
In this way, you can uninstall and install the OneDrive app on windows 10.
Try these steps out and let me know how it goes:
- Right-click on the Start button, select Run
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK
- Find “Microsoft OneDrive” in the list and uninstall it
- Restart your computer
- Go to the OneDrive Download Page here and click the “need to reinstall?” link on the page to get the new installer